Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WIP: The Should Be Packing Edition

Sooooooo...this week, I should have been packing for our big summer move. (We leave tomorrow.)

Instead, I found myself sitting in front of my trusty sewing machine, Agatha, and putting together a quiltlet for the boys' room. I also should not be blogging right now, but a girl needs a break from packing her kitchen, right? Right.


I had intended to make a quiltlet to hang by my front door, and I wanted to fussy cut some fabric.  (I haven't been quilting that long, and I'd never fussy cut.) When I perused my stash, I didn't have any fabric that would particularly work. However, I did find the elephant in the top left, already perfectly cut to 3x3 inches. And I had a yard of the fabric leftover from the quilt I made for a friend's baby--who was born on Monday *squee*--so I fussy cut a few more squares, easy peasy style.

A few more fabrics were chosen to log-cabin my jungle animals, and I sashed it in white.


The fabric, in case you're curious, is called Jungle Gym, and I love it to pieces, especially this monkey sliding down a rainbow. So random. So awesome. (That square is my favorite.)

I actually finished the quilting using wavy vertical lines, and all that's left is the binding, which I'm planning to do in black with tiny white polka dots. I'm not sure when Agatha and I will be reunited, so I'm not sure when I'll get to finish.


I also finished my May block for the HST BOM at In Color Order. It's not my favorite, but I do like the juxtaposition of fabrics. And I love me a good houndstooth fabric! 

In other quilty bloggy news, I'll be participating in the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop at Plum and June. Doesn't it sound like super fun? I'll keep you posted on that!

Plum and June

And, I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced! Yay! 


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Your fussy cuts are super cute, and I love that your sewing machine has a name. Is there a club for that? Mine is Victoria, but she goes by Tori.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not sure about a club, but if there isn't one, we should start one! I love that your machine has a nickname! Maybe mine will go by Aggie? :)

      Delete
  2. I love your little fussy cut quilt - the monkey is just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I liked the fabric, but that monkey did it for me! :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...