Sunday, September 9, 2012

HSTs of awesome!

Happy Sunday, Friends! I hope y'all are having a lovely weekend!

I have big sewing plans for today, including cutting into lots and lots of fabrics. Today's theme is HSTs. HST BOM, HST BOF, HSTs for my sequin project...HSTs!


I picked out this stack of lovelies for my HST BOF mini quilt. I'm not usually much for holiday fabric, so I had a hard time picking out some prints from the very limited selection at my LQS. The only "holiday" fabric I picked was that creamy patterned print, which has some lovely metallic details and some blue and red and even some pink! Then, I abandoned the holiday section to search out some coordinating fabrics. For background, I'm using a Kaffe Fassett shot cotton (Thunder, I think?) which I'm very excited about because I love the look of shot cottons and have been wanting to try some out. As always, I'm a little nervous looking at this stack of fabrics. I always seem to be nervous when I pick out a stack, but I almost always like the end result. Why is that? And please tell me I'm not the only one.


More stacks of HSTs! (Squeal!) After lots and lots of waffling in regards to my sequintastic september blog hop project, I decided that adding sequins to the mix was enough of a challenge, so I was going to go with something simple and manageable, but still awesome at the same time. Enter, HSTs. Specifically, that front stack will go into pinwheel formations because I seem to be a one-trick pony when it comes to my original creations. (What can I say? I love me a good pinwheel.) And if you've been reading awhile, you may recognize the fabrics from another WIP, and yes, that's on purpose....

The back stack of fabric will be part of my September block for the HST BOM. Which I still haven't done. But you can believe it will be awesome when it's done.

Alright, I'm off to spend time with my boys! Have a great weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I looooove the fabric you picked out for our sequin challenge! Seriously awesome. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...