Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WIP: The Not Too Much to Show Edition.

I spent most of my sewing time this week finishing my sequintastic september blog hop and writing up the corresponding blog post. It's my big finish for the week, but I can't show it off just yet! (Sad!)

However, I did work in some other sewing! I started piecing the first of my I-spy quilts, and I sewed up a bunch of triangles to use for something fun. I finished off two more blocks for my Marie quilt--14 of 20 done, woo! Unfortunately, I haven't taken any photos of this stuff, mostly because nothing is far enough along to encourage my feeble photography skillz.

Ray of Hope Block by Carol Doak - template found here
I finished paper piecing this mini quilt for a friend of mine. Nathan took a looksie and asked me if I had to give this one away, and if I really did, could I make another one for us? (I love my husband.) I used this block in my black and batiks quilt, but this time I went scrappy and threw in a bunch of different fabrics in a bunch of different colors. I wasn't sure how I'd like it, but I really really do. I started handquilting it last night, but it was already going to be a late present, so I figure I'll take my time and do it up real nice.

I used this tutorial.
I also finished up this business card holder for a good friend. I used up scraps from the black and batiks quilt too. I accidentally on purpose offset the elastic band closure, but I like it. That button looks ugly in the photo, but I promise that in real life it's a nice shell gray and looks purty. You'll have to take my word for it.  

Friends, that's all I've got this week! I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced, and I'm seriously crushing on Lee's Cartwheels quilt. I need that block in my life! But maybe not right now. I have too much other stuff right now.


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That paper pieced mini is amazing! Great job! I hope someday I can do something that awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for your hubby having good taste!! Love that paper piecing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice piecing, and I really like the accidentally-on-purpose offset button!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! I figured you would! :)

      Delete
  4. Omigosh, cute business card holder!!! I love the off-center closure, and you have such an eye for color. *Drools.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realize now I should have taken a picture of the inside, but oops! I really like the way this one turned out!

      Delete
  5. Ok, that is just all kinds of cool! I love it on the pillow! Since I don't sew, and absolutely don't quilt, I'll just have to be an admirer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...