Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WIP: Lots of Work Edition.

Friends!

I feel like I've gotten quite a bit done over the last week, but it's been spread across a wide variety of random October projects.


I finished my 100 Quilts for Kids quilt, and not a moment too soon.


I also finished my wonky star table runner...


...and my October block for the HST BOM.


I also finished my Andrea mini. (Four items from my October goals list! Woo!)

As for the WIPs: 


I did some cutting and piecing for my triangle mini quilt. I had a different plan for this, but when actually piecing, I had an idea to utilize the triangles like this instead, and I really really like it. It means I have to completely re-imagine the rest of the quilt, but I still have plans to use my charcoal fabric. I think I'll just be changing the dimensions around. (Hopefully.)

I have a project on my knitting needles, and it's been awhile since I've done any knitting. I was very excited to cast on, and then, very quickly, I remembered how boring knitting can be, especially when you're doing straight knit stitch. However, I fidget a lot, especially while watching TV, and since I didn't have any hand-stitching, my knitting needles kept my hands busy during Monday Night Football.

I finished four drawstring bags, but I have fabric set aside for at least three more.


I really would like to finish my Marie blocks in this next week. Then, I think I'll need to lay out the entire quilt again and see if I still like the arrangement before I start sewing the row.

Then, of course, there's my Tula project, the next block for AVM HST BOF and holiday gifts! Also, I'm planning the third annual Soup Week over on my personal blog, and believe it or not, it takes a lot of work to figure out recipes, make them, take photos, and format recipes for blog posts. Yikes! But it's oh-so much fun. If you like soup, I hope you'll join me the first week of November.

The large amount of things I accomplished this week seriously pales in comparison with my to-do list, but I suppose I'll take it and be merry! I'm linking up with WIP Wednesdays over at Freshly Pieced.


7 comments:

  1. The new projects all look awesome! I can't wait to see what you do with the triangle block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really quite excited about the triangles. They were meant for a wall hanging, and I'm still thinking in that direction, but dimensions......

      Delete
  2. Do you ever sleep??

    I really like how you made the chevrons with the triangles -- soooo great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sleep...occasionally. It's mostly the other areas of my life that suffer. (You know, house cleaning, social life, etc.)

      I knew you would like the chevrons! :)

      Delete
  3. I love your wonky star table runner! And the chevrons of course, a personal fav with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mini quilt - it is gorgeous! Wonky star table runner is also fab! Congrats on being so productive!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so pretty, but I love that mini. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...