Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Stash: KONA.

I needed to pick up some bias tape a few days back, and I stumbled into my local Joann Fabrics.  (No, I'm not one of those awesome girls who makes their own bias tape. Friends, there are simply not enough minutes in the day for that sort of thing.) I was kidlet-less due to my amazing husband's serious love and understanding that I needed some alone time, and looking for the bias tape, I stumbled across the designer solids section.

There was a large 40% sign hung above the lovely bolts of goodness.

Since I already knew I would need several yards of solids to complete holiday gifts, I walked back to the front of the store, got a shopping cart, and loaded that puppy up with several bolts. There was a line at the cutting table, and I'm pretty sure everyone behind me hated me, but the girl cutting my fabric was lovely, and we had a nice chat about how cute dachshunds are as she cut into that Kona goodness.


From top to bottom, the colors I purchased are:
khaki
coal grey
white
corn yellow
chartreuse
turquoise
tangerine
purple
pomegranate

Don't they look so friendly and cheerful? They're primarily for my kidlets and my niece and nephews, and when I finish strangling assembling my HST quilt, I hope to get started on their holiday gifts.

I'm linking up to Fiona at Finding Fifth's Sunday Stash. Hip Hip for fabric! 

3 comments:

  1. You got some lovely colors of Kona. That was too good of a sale to pass up! I hope you remembered to get the bias tape ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow kona solids at a retail store...hopefully that will come to Australia's Spotlight stores. I am very interested to see what you make. Kind hubby. Bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous that you found Kona so easily and on sale! I think I would have bought the whole bolt of everything and carried it back on the plane to Australia! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...