Wednesday, December 12, 2012

WIP: The Purple Edition.

Hi Friends. I posted last Wednesday about possibly needing an intervention. I'm sad to report that this week did not get better.

On Thursday, I cleaned my house because my in-laws were arriving that evening. On Friday, we went to the beach, woo! On Saturday, I picked up some purpley fabrics for a quilt for my husband's grandma. I also had some red velvet cake/cheesecake hybrid, and I have been thinking about it almost every moment since I finished eating it. If I pull off this purple quilt, I totally get another piece as a reward, okay?

On Sunday, my in-laws left, and I did some more purpley cutting. I also organized my fabrics because...


...on Monday, I started piecing patchwork blocks.


On Tuesday, I finished piecing the patchwork blocks and started and finished some square in a square blocks.

And today, I linked up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. I also have big Wednesday plans to make (16) 6" square blocks in a variety of designs like this one. Woo! Maybe on Friday I'll piece this quilt? Saturday and Sunday quilt it? Bind it next week? And pop it in the mail just in time for Christmas. That's the plan.


I did manage a few other projects this week. I basted my mushroom block, but have no idea how to quilt it. Any thoughts? I should check out the flickr group and see how other people are quilting theirs. My first inclination is straight line, but I didn't use the stabilizer, so I think that will draw more attention to any imperfections....


And a peek at a Christmas gift in progress. I mailed the bulk of my gifts yesterday, but I have a few left to finish, and some that just aren't going to get finished before the holidays, but the recipients have been informed, and they're excited about their gifts, so they've given me a little room to slide.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Wow you're making quick work of that purple quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing through on purples.
    Quilting on your mushroom... Maybe a boxy overlappy type quilting. i can see it in my head, but I don't know how to explain better...
    This http://blog.petitdesignco.com/2012/10/broken-glass.html but more square than triangles...
    Hope that made sense :-)
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure I can offer any quilting suggestions... I am the laziest quilter ever. But that mushroom is adorable, I am sure it will look good however you do it. I am really impressed with your purple quilt speed. It seems like just days ago it was a stack of fabric, now it is quilt blocks. Wow! It is looking good and I can't wait to see your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...