Thursday, November 14, 2013

FF: Marie in All Her Glory Edition.

The title should actually be Marie in All Her Glory, aka, welcome to Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday! My name is Audrey, and I'm happy you're joining me today for TGIFF. And I'm super excited to look at all of your finishes!

Today is probably my favorite Finished Friday to date. It's also my biggest, eep! Here is Marie!


Tula Pink's Prince Charming line came out around the time I started quilting, and I remember seeing those frogs everywhere and wondering what the fuss was all about. They were frogs, for goodness' sake! Then, I stumbled across some of Tula's Parisville line, and I about died. It. Was. Amazing. That started my Tula Pink obsession, and now, I love me those frogs! (It's kinda weird how that turned around, but whatevsies.)


I gathered the courage to commit to a queen size quilt in June 2012, cut the fabric in July 2012, finished piecing the top in March 2013, and sewed the last stitch of binding this week! There are lots of details in my eight kajillion Marie posts, but I'll give you a quick run down here: the pattern is Snowglobes by Tula Pink. The fabric is primarily Parisville by Tula Pink, with a bit of Prince Charming, and two additional prints to round it out. The background fabric is Bella Solids in Jade. I used a wide backing, Bella Solids in navy, and I bound this quilt using Kona in burgundy.


I knew quilting this quilt on Agatha was going to be unrealistic, and since I wanted this quilt on my bed eventually, I saved my pennies, then sent her off to a longarmer, which was a totally awesome experience. (I ran into a friend of mine when I visited home over the summer, and we got to talking about quilting, and she mentioned that her daughter was a longarm quilter. It was meant to be.) I knew I wanted feathers all over the top, and Sarah didn't disappoint. They are glorious!


I just can't help myself when it comes to pictures. This quilt is just so magical!


Thanks for indulging me. I always dreamed I'd have a handmade quilt on my bed, and that day is here! It's really been a fun journey, and yep, I can definitely say I've learned a lot.

Please please please link up your beautiful finishes below, and be sure to check out some of the others listed and spread some comment love. Makes sure you link back to this page, and that's it! Easy peasy! 


22 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing quilt, feathers are just the right touch! Excellent piece to showcase for your hosting gig *wink, wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! And so worth the wait :) Your longarmer did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, from the pattern and fabrics to the thread chosen. Loooove. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great finish - it is lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little swirls around the edge of the quilt, too! And just in time for winder. =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect time, hooray! Long live Marie! (Until summer, when she'll have to go live somewhere else.)

      Delete
  6. Well done! That quilting really adds to it you made a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how in love with this quilt you are! I love the way the feathers show through on the green.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Marie is beautiful and those feathers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is gorgeous! And the feather quilting is awesome! Looks great on your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet you, Audrey! Thanks for showing us your beautiful quilt. Great design. The quilting is well worth whatever you paid. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! That is a glorious quilt. From one tula-lover to another, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the best sort of compliment! Woo! I love fellow Tula-lovers. They just get it. :)

      Delete
  12. Stunning quilt in every way! You must be happy every time you walk by this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so fancy!! I love the fabric. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marie is so beautiful! The feathers are just the right amount of opulence to fit in with your gorgeous quilt top. And the way the quilting shows up on the navy backing - you'll always love turning the top down to get into bed! The solids you put with the Tula are perfect - and it's so the perfect quilt to keep for yourself :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Tula Pink obsession started with Salt Water--I made a guilt in March (twin) with the pinks and one in April (queen) with the blues. Then I had a dream about...one of the lines...there were little frogs with rain drops on their backs! Since that dream I've started collecting rain drop fabrics...still haven't gotten my hands on the Tula Pink one! Anyway...Your quilt is GORGEOUS. Love the quilt, it adds so much loveliness to it. I totally need to learn to make feathers like that...and...get a long arm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous quilt. The feathers were a good call ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is gorgeous, Audrey! I love the jade background. Isn't it lovely to sleep under something beautiful, that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  18. GORGEOUS! I love the fabrics and the pattern and the quilting - all came together very nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...