Wednesday, March 26, 2014

WIP: FQB Business.

This week is all about FQB business. Mostly because a TON of houseguests are about to descend on my home, and I'm not sure when I'll get a moment at my sewing machine, so it seemed wise to get some stuff done now. (You know, instead of actually clean for said houseguests.)


I started cutting some 60 degree diamonds for an Arkansas Traveler block. Bias edges make me squirmy, so I had to take a deep breath before starting, but it was totally worth it.


I'm missing the paper piecing templates, but imagine solid white around these bad boys.


And a Weathervane block, because apparently I can't get enough of it. This block made me really nervous too, but for a totally different reason. I just wasn't feeling the colors. And it's definitely a busy block, no avoiding that conclusion, but I really like it when all is said and done.


I finished these up last week, but I keep forgetting to post a pic of them. I had originally started these when I made a pair for my niece, and since I'm trying to finish up a ton of outstanding projects, I'm glad I got these finished. If you're digging a pair, the tutorial is here.

I still have a bunting to sew for my kidlets' party on Saturday, but I'm totally procrastinating it because I don't wanna do it! But motherly duty will eventually kick me in the pants, and I'll churn it out. Hopefully not in the wee hours of the morning. Alright! I really have to start cleaning! I hope you're having a great Wednesday! 

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love your block! And the Arkansas Traveler is going to be fabulous :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...