Saturday, April 12, 2014

Q2 FAL List.

It's that time again. Like Q1, this quarter's list will be a bit smaller than some of my last year's lists, but I'm 100% okay with that. In fact, I'm kind of excited about it.



The super awesome ladies of Stash Bee's Hive 7 made me these gorgeous blocks,and I've got everything cut and ready to assemble it...I just can't seem to make the time/find the effort/get 'er done. But I need to. My Mama's birthday is in early June, and this is a birthday present for her. Get 'er done, Audrey.



My husband's cousin is due two days before I am with her first bambino, a boy. So I'm making a quilt for them. However, since I am also pregnant and have my own baby boy quilt to think about, I'm going simple and making them a simple piece of patchwork. (We're talking 5" finished squares, folks.)

I changed my mind. I had intended this quilt for Mr. Audrey's cousin, but then I had another idea. I still finished this quilt though, and I donated it to Project Linus instead.




I've decided on Violet Craft's Waterfront Park collection. The husband is stoked about it--he adores the bridge print, and I'm definitely backing the quilt in it, regardless of how the front turns out. I've got plans for a medallion quilt featuring arrows from Sarah Elizabeth at {no} hats in the house. I haven't quite decided on the medallion, which I should probably figure out soon, but I want it to be epic. Of course, Elizabeth Hartman would release her Aviatrix Quilt Pattern, and that is wooing me in all sorts of ways. I could see it going that direction. Plus arrows. Plus additional awesome because Fava is totally worth it.


Tula Pink City Sampler - 63 of 100 Blocks Done

I would like to finish this quilt sometime this decade. I briefly considered scrapping blocks 64+, but who am I kidding? It's Tula! I can't stop NOW. I will finish all 100. As a hardcore fan, I owe Tula that much.

And that's it. Four projects right now, though I will tell you I have another baby quilt stirring in my brain for a friend who just told me she's expecting again! (Q3 list anyone?) Eep! I made her first a quilt, and of course I'll make this baby one too, but my skillz have grown a bit since that first quilt, and I have no idea where to start!

I'm linking up with the FAL 2014 Q2 linky party. Good luck to everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Wow 63 of 100 blocks done of the Tula pink. Impressive! Love the Momma quilt
    Good luck with your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think my Mama's quilt is going to be pretty awesome. I just hope she likes it! :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck! You have some great projects going. I love your Mama's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll need it to get all of this done! :)

      Delete
  3. great list - I love all these projects :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...