Friday, September 19, 2014

Five Placemats


Last week, I had a moment of panic when I realized that the end of the month was nigh, and ohmigoodness do I have a ton of stuff to do or what? And some of it is practically done! So I knocked some of it out this week, including these two placemats, which finish off my Q3 FAL goal of making some placemats out of scraps for my kidlets to eat. (You can see my original list here.)


I made five total, out of scraps. I feel really good to use up these scraps, especially the owls, which have been sitting around, waiting for my love for over a year. The bindings were scraps or bits of backing, and I even used up a bunch of bobbins of random colored thread, which means some of the thread choices on these are...eclectic.


But my two-year-old and four-year-old could care less. They get excited picking a new one of the drawer, something that mama made.


I also made another kid apron for my neighbors' kidlet, who just celebrated a birthday. This time, I added a pocket, woo!


It feels good to cross stuff off my list, but to be honest, I just want to get back to quilting my ikat quilt! I'm working on it slowly but surely, sneaking in 5-10 minute increments between kidlet requests. Not sure it'll get finished before the end of Q3, but it's coming along!

Happy weekend, Friends.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you were able to work out the points on your ikat quilt! Looking forward to seeing it! The placemats are a great scrap buster and so nice your kids appreciate them:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...