Friday, December 5, 2014

FF: Plus Quilt


BAM! A quilt top. And because I love you, I ventured out in the freezing cold weather to photograph this bad boy rather than take the easy road and give you a yellowed-out photo on carpet that needs to be steam-cleaned. YOU'RE WELCOME. Don't you know I do all of these things for you?


This stack (plus a few others fabrics including Kona White) turned into plus blocks using this wonderful set of measurements from Rachel of Wooden Spoon Quilts. (Gotta love the people who allow me to skate by without doing the math.)


Sixteen blocks later, I assembled the top, which is now patiently waiting for me to find room in my schedule to get it quilted. Which, let's be honest, will probably be next year. Maybe by December 2015?

I feel like I should do some close-up photos or something to really show off the WOW factor, but honestly, this quilt isn't that exciting. The colors are rather demure for me, and, well, I feel kind of whatevs about the whole thing. Of course, this quilt will be snuggled by some adorable baby kidlet, and my heart will feel squishy knowing that I've been fortunate enough to contribute another quilt to the world, so all is right. But I am a little eager to move on to more colorful work, and there is plenty of that piled on my to-do list. Squishy cute baby kidlet, love this quilt more than I do, okay? (I'm glad we're in agreement.)

4 comments:

  1. The colors are definitely more muted than your typical loves, but I do think it makes a striking pieced top! I am *sure* the kidlet lucky enough to receive it will love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I love it even if I'm not a squishy kidlet? I'm squishy - does that help? :D But I understand, it's hard to be excited with things outside your normal "zone". For me, anything that's not citrus-y instantly gets back burnered if I think of a citrus-y thing to do. Well, as long as it doesn't involve basting.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey, I always enjoy reading your posts. And I *am* convinced that you faced the cold photo shoot just for me. If there weren't four or five states in between us, I'm sure we'd be getting together for Saturday a.m. coffee right about now. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I like the cool colors of this quilt! As long as it has someone to love it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...