Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Slow work.

It feels as though I've spent a ton of time away from my machine lately. This past year was my first year homeschooling my oldest, so with school out of the way, I expected I'd have more time. That was incorrect. I somehow have much much less!


I've managed to keep up on my bee blocks, including this one for June. It was a fun block, but can you believe I had to go buy cream fabric? I had exactly zero in stash. And this was my only true red, which thankfully worked out. I've apparently been using my stash lately, which is excellent, but wow. I've cleaned out a number of colors.


I did pull this stack of lovelies from stash recently. I never thought I'd participate in a mystery quilt, but all of a sudden, it sounded fun, and as I saw the last mystery quilt that Cheryl created and enjoyed watching Quilting Jetgirl piece it monthly, I thought I'd jump in as well.


I turned my attention (briefly) to these blocks for my dad's quilt. I think I have sashing requirements figured out, but do I have kona white or any sort of white solid to sash it? Of course not. Do I have enough navy to handle it? NO. Which is lame.


Know what else I'm completely out of? Kona black! How my reserves got so low all at once, I couldn't tell you. All I know is that I need to seriously replenish my basics. I have finished quilting this quilt--more details on THAT in a later post--and I want to bind it in Kona black or charcoal. I want to get this very late quilt finished!

Off to the store I go! Or rather, off to soothe the teething baby.

3 comments:

  1. I love your fabric pull! I keep thinking about joining in for this mystery quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it really sounds like you are in serious need of a stash building shopping trip (bummer). Can I come along, too?! I love your pull for the mystery quilt and I am so glad we'll be virtually sewing together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey, I have been MIA for awhile, but have just read through everything I've missed, and wow, I've missed you. You have such an authentic voice and I love love love everything that you've been making. Check you out with your bag making. And the paper pending. And the English paper piecing! And your amazing Warhol hedgehogs. You're just amazing :-)
    E xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...