Saturday, July 4, 2015

A Quilt for My Nephew.


My younger sister is expecting a baby, and that baby should be making an appearance this month! I'm hoping my quilt will arrive in time to welcome him in my stead. I finished the Andy Warhol-inspired quilt top in May, and y'all will have to forgive me, but I'm exhausted due to a teething baby, and I'll let you visit that link if you're interested in more specific fabric information or more details on my inspiration.


I had thought about incorporating straight line, FMQ, and handquilting into this bad boy to mimic my niece's quilt, but in the end, I kept it simple and did straight line quilting on the diagonal. HOWEVER, I did shake it up a bit and did 60 degree diamonds. It was my first time quilting with a guide, and I really really really appreciated not having to mark every line. Full disclosure: my lines are a little wobbly. However, I sincerely doubt my super cool nephew will be concerned with that business.

I managed to finish this one in time to mark it off my FAL Q2 list, which is all sorts of exciting! It's finish 7 of 14, so I got halfway through my list. I'll take that as a win.

3 comments:

  1. The 60 degree diamonds look great, and I can't see the wobbles, either. I fret over straight line wobbles so much when I am the one doing the quilting though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quilt! I really need to try the crosshatch with an intentional diamond... whenever I try squares they come out like diamonds anyway. If I start out wanting diamonds then maybe I won't mind so much lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fabulous quilt and I'm sure your nephew will love it!

    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheer-leading squad*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...